Software Engineer | Digerati is the most concise way I, Stanley Ndagi, choose to describe myself.
Welcome to the long version of it, below.
Navigation is on the left sidebar.
Collapse the menu on the left (Swipe from the left, if you're on mobile)
Who am I?
- 🇰🇪 is Kenyan (by birth)
- 🌍 identifies as a global citizen
- 💻 mostly works from home
- ✍️ enjoys writing
- 🥾 likes the outdoors (hiking, camping)
- 🙏 is a believer of Jesus Christ (More)
What do I do?
Invoke the builder within and serve
What does this mean?
Besides being a creative head (building stuff and tinkering) I like to believe that I go beyond self and work on impacting others.
This mantra reminds me of this identity; calling me to action!
Building & Serving
- Software engineering - My Devstory.
- Teaching (wholesomely breaking barriers, real or imagined!)
- Taking up Leadership opportunities
- DIY - Do It Yourself projects
- ... the list continues (It's a lifelong journey)
TechKln community is a brainchild of mine.
In the media
Speaking on Open Source while at DockerCon 2018 - by TFIR.
Narrating a day in my life as a software engineer - by Andela during my days working there.
- VueDjango - A VueJS-Django-Webpack boilerplate. Read more about VueDjango here.
- Lifebuoy - A Visual Studio Code extension
Find more on my GitHub profile
- My author page at CircleCI's blog
- Article at Andela's blog
- Technical tutorial at ScotchIO
- My other pen strokes can be found on my blog, TechKln's blog, DeveloperISH blog and Medium
Et al - miscellaneous
I share the following, chiefly, to give insight.
'Fandom' - people and initiatives I fancy/ follow
I'm not the *stan** kind of a fan (bad joke 😅) but here's my non-exhaustive list:
- Bible Project (Bible) - I've written more about the Bible Project here.
- YouVersion (Bible & tech) - I've written more about YouVersion here.
- Nutrition Facts (health)
- MKBHD (tech)
- Living Big in a Tiny House (DIY & minimalism)
- Never too small (minimalism)
- Get Hands Dirty (DIY)
- Marvel (entertainment)
- FreeCodeCamp (learning)
- Code.org (learning)
- CS50 (learning)
- Extra Credits (learning)
- Science Vs (science)
- Oversimplified (history)
- Two Cents (financial literacy)
- Financial Diet (finance)
- Business Insider (finance)
All time favourites
These cut across learning, entertainment, insight and DIY
- Testimony Channel (spiritual enlightenment)
- Myles Monroe (living, leadership, and empowerment)
- Learning How to Learn
- Tania Rascia's philosophy of learning in public
- Riding a bike backwards 😆
- Rain Gutter generator
- How Does The Earth Spin?
- Smart Home insecurity
- Think like a coder
- DIY 'desk PC'
- Science Vs | Circumcision: Why Are We Doing This?
Where else can I be found?
This is my home in the WWW*. You can find me around the web at:
- GitHub: NdagiStanley
- Twitter: NdagiStanley
- LinkedIn: NdagiStanley
- Facebook: NdagiStanley
- Codementor: NdagiStanley
- Bitbucket: NdagiStanley
- GitLab: NdagiStanley
- DevPost: NdagiStanley
- Youtube: NdagiStanley
- 🎧 Jam to my playlists on Spotify
- 📚 Some of my reads on Goodreads
- ♟️ Let's play a game of chess on lichess
tinkerer*: a person who enjoys fixing and experimenting with machines and their parts. (Reference).
stan*: (portmanteau of Stalker & fan) a particularly, perhaps excessively, avid fan. (Reference).
WWW*: World Wide Web