Vue-Django - 500+ GitHub stars
500 GitHub stars and counting… ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
On my dated open-source page: code.md.engineer, the first project I have quoted is VueDjango; a full-featured Webpack setup of a VueJS 2.x app with hot-reload, lint-on-save, unit testing & css extraction integrated into a Django 2.x application.
It has over 500 stars on GitHub now! 🔥
Python is my main tool of trade as a Software/ Data Engineer. In a previous project, I challenged myself to use Django and VueJS hand-in-hand. It was a photo-editing application (Don’t mind the missing image on the homepage, postimg.org is no longer up. I use imgur these days 😉)
Here is its codebase. I had worked on another application with the same technical requirements: VueJS and Django: not-by-might. The only difference between the two is that I used semantic UI on one (the former) and Bootstrap on another (the latter).
Back to vue-django. This project has three variations:
- Django 1.* - Vue 1.*
- Django 1.* - Vue 2.*
- Django 2.* - Vue 2.*
It's made such that by following these steps, you have a project similar to what is hosted here and you are ready to go.
Since this project was a fork from vuejs-templates/webpack I decided to separate it so that I can track stars and forks. I looked forward to handling issues that are raised by people using this starter-pack and it proved successful.
Since then the project has had:
- 500+ stars
- 70+ forks
- 5 closed issues (user created)
- An improved boilerplate based on VueDjango that includes CI/CD (Gitlab pipeline), Docker/Docker-Compose, Nginx, and PostgreSQL
Referenced severally in articles, conference talks and forums: (Search for vue-django. In some cases it's deep within the content)
- github.com (archived) The author advocates for vue-django (in the About section)
- groups.google.com (Self promotion in Python's Google group)
- groups.google.com (Recommended in Django users Google group)
- js.dokry.com (Spanish)
- netlify.com (Under Tamara Stefanovic)
- oschina.net (Chinese)
- qiita.com/rarewin (Japanese)
- segmentfault.com (Chinese)
- stackoverflow.com/ (Answer to the question titled: Using Vue with django)
- stackoverflow.com/ (Proposed as a solution to the question titled: How to integrate Vue.js with Django)
Outdated references (As at 2022)
- 7zhao.net (Chinese)
- qaru.site (Russian)
Listed among popular libraries:
Outdated library (As at 2022)
Vue-Django is on OpenCollective (should anyone want to back it or support the project)
I’m honoured. Let’s keep up the good work 💪.